A4-G Skyhawk help

Member's Area Member's Forum
Discussion of all things modelling.

Re: A4-G Skyhawk help

Postby dutchy805 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Re: A-4G 877 and the subject of Bu.No's [Bureau Number's].
FOR ALL THE BUREAU NUMBER INFORMATION YOU WILL EVER NEED:
GOTO: http://joebaugher.com
There are a lot of people who want to know about the operational history or ultimate disposition of a particular Navy or Marine Corps aircraft referred to in this database, but about which I have little or no information. If you have a specific question about the history of a particular Navy aircraft, you might try the Naval Historical Center which is located in Washington, DC. They have cards on virtually every aircraft ever owned or operated by the Navy, and they might be able to answer your question fairly quickly. Another source is the Aircraft History Card file maintained by the National Air and Space Museum Archives Division, which maintains microfilm copies of aircraft records created by the US Navy. They also may be able to help you. You could also try the National Naval Aviation Museum, located at Pensacola, FL. Another source might be the US Naval Safety center, located in Norfolk VA. However, you are always welcome to e-mail me in any case and I will see if I can dig up something.
The following is a list of serial numbers and bureau numbers for US Navy and US Marine Corps aircraft from 1917 onward. It is incomplete, with numerous gaps. If I know the disposition of a particular aircraft, or if the aircraft has some special historical significance, this information is listed here too. Enjoy yourself browsing through these lists--there are lots of neat historical interludes provided here. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has additions or corrections to these lists.
There are a lot of people who want to know about the operational history or ultimate disposition of a particular Navy or Marine Corps aircraft referred to in this database, but about which I have little or no information. If you have a specific question about the history of a particular Navy aircraft, you might try the Naval Historical Center which is located in Washington, DC. They have cards on virtually every aircraft ever owned or operated by the Navy, and they might be able to answer your question fairly quickly. Another source is the Aircraft History Card file maintained by the National Air and Space Museum Archives Division, which maintains microfilm copies of aircraft records created by the US Navy. They also may be able to help you. You could also try the National Naval Aviation Museum, located at Pensacola, FL. Another source might be the US Naval Safety center, located in Norfolk VA. However, you are always welcome to e-mail me in any case and I will see if I can dig up something.
Search Engine
If you want to search this site for a serial number or for a particular aircraft type, go to Jeremy Kuris's search engine:
Search Engine For This Site
Send e-mail with comments and/or suggestions to jFbaugher@gmail.com
US Navy and US Marine Corps Military Aircraft Serial Numbers and Bureau Numbers--1911 to Present
SUPPLEMENTARY:
GOTO: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rana4g/ ... oup_header,
AND SO YOU WILL KNOW THE MEANING OF THE BUNO SUFFIX 'B' ON FIRST PURCHASE "80" SERIES A4G BUNO's READ "PRODUCTION BLOCKS"
dutchy805

Re: A4-G Skyhawk help

Postby RayS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 am

G'Day Dutchy, welcome to the forum!
Ray
Bench stuff:
...lots
RayS
Devotee

Previous