Mephisto - A7V

Member's Area Member's Forum
Discussion of all things modelling.

Mephisto - A7V

Postby brad » Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 pm

I'm making a start on the Tauro version of the A7V in 1/35 which I intend to do as Mephisto, complete with battle damage and Custom Hobbies' decal set.

I know it's not the ideal base for the subject but I'm not a rivet counter and so long as it looks "about right" then I'll be happy.

What I am after though, are some photographs of the damaged interior. I have found some but more is always better than less when it comes to this sort of thing and so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm aware that police forensics went through Mephisto a couple of years back - if anyone has access to this, that would be ideal.

Any help in any way would be terrific.

Thanks and cheers,

Brad
I also collect Australian war medals. Get in touch if you would like to know something about a group you might have or if you have some you would like to dispose of.
brad
Devotee

Re: Mephisto - A7V

Postby enfield38 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:07 am

G'day Brad, have a dig around in here... https://landships.activeboard.com/f318871/german-tanks/ I don't know how invested in the build you are but the Queensland Museum book on Mephisto is brilliant and terrific value for under A$60.00. https://www.shop.qm.qld.gov.au/default/ ... ition.html
Cheers,
Rod C
enfield38
Devotee

Postby brad » Wed May 15, 2019 10:53 am

G'day Enfield,

Yes, I'm aware of the book and have been thinking about getting a copy.

I completely forgot about the landships forum so thank you very much for the reminder - I'll take a look!

cheers,

bj
I also collect Australian war medals. Get in touch if you would like to know something about a group you might have or if you have some you would like to dispose of.
brad
Devotee

Postby enfield38 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:10 pm

I've got the Meng kit gathering dust half built in the cabinet and the CHD sheet as well. I started backdating the three piece side panels back to the single piece Rocheling design but ran out of enthusiasm. The Bocklafette main gun mount will also be a challenge. Make sure you post plenty of pics Brad, maybe you can shame me into finishing my Mephisto!

As an aside, I took these pics at the Toowong War Memorial last Remembrance Day. It's actually one of the two Brisbane City Council steamrollers that towed Mephisto from the docks to the old Museum in Bowen Hills and is magnificently restored to running order.

Cheers,
Rod C
enfield38
Devotee

Postby brad » Wed May 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Yes, I was watching your Mephisto build and was wondering what had happened to it. Mine will most likely be put on hold in a couple of months with a possible move so don't expect to be shamed any time soon.

And I really love steam powered vehicles. Steam engines are the only engines with a living, breathing, hissing soul. I remember being enveloped in the steam from the Flying Scotsman when she visited Australia many years ago - it truly was alive.

Cheers,

bj
brad
Devotee