Hyperlinks

AMI Forum Support Bug Fixes and enhancement requests
Report any bugs in the AMI Forum or enhancements you would like to see here. We will keep a log and provide updates when available.

Hyperlinks

Postby Damo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 am

At the moment, when I click on a hyperlink, it opens in the current tab. Is it possible to have hyperlinks open a new tab instead? Or is it a setting that I'm missing..?
Damo
Devotee

Re: Hyperlinks

Postby Sting » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 am

Depends on your browers i guess, in IE under internet options, in the General tab there is an area called tabs. Clicking settings will reveal a whole heap of options that should help you out.
Cheers

Mike
Sting
Beginner

Postby StevenMac » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:05 pm

If you don't want to dick with browser settings - in FF and IE you can click a link with the mouse wheel button (button 3) and open things in a new tab.

Or, hold the control key down and left click.

Use it often and it will become a habit.
StevenMac
Devotee

Postby RayS » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Basically Damo the site is set to open Hyperlinks in the same tab/window. I asked about it previously and was told the same thing about using the centre button/wheel or right click >open in new tab.
Ray
Bench stuff:
...lots
RayS
Devotee

Postby Creative Models Australia » Thu May 26, 2011 2:14 pm

Opening in a new tab would be easier, especially when you click on the link on auto pilot mode and then get lost while going through other pages etc.
Creative Models Australia
Devotee

Postby admin » Fri May 27, 2011 6:24 pm

I have had a look at the forum software and I am unable to find anywhere where it will enable me to change how a link opens. I beleive that it may be adjusted from the browser side of things rather than the forum side.
David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au
admin
Site Admin