Increase of Max. Images + Resolution, please!?

AMI Forum Support Bug Fixes and enhancement requests
Report any bugs in the AMI Forum or enhancements you would like to see here. We will keep a log and provide updates when available.

Increase of Max. Images + Resolution, please!?

Postby TiG » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:18 pm

After recieving a request from an AMI member, I was just trying to re-upload some images of my Hamilton IIIO Mirage Conversion build that were lost when there was a server crash several months back.
Unfortunately, I only seem to be able to load a maximum of 3x images, whereas before I had many more than this. Can you increase this limit for this thread, if not for all threads?

Additionally, I'm there there are hard drive space limitations on the server, but would it be possible to have the file size limit increased at all? I would love to be able to view the shots of peoples work in high-res, but 256kB just doesn't do justice to some of these great models.

Cheers,
Tom
On the bench: 2x 1/25 Revell 2010 Ford Shelby GT500's
Coming up; 1:35 Tamiya Chieftain and 1:48 Hobbyboss MiG-17C Fresco

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends."
John 15:13
TiG
Devotee

Re: Increase of Max. Images + Resolution, please!?

Postby TiG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 am

Can anyone offer some assistance?
On the bench: 2x 1/25 Revell 2010 Ford Shelby GT500's
Coming up; 1:35 Tamiya Chieftain and 1:48 Hobbyboss MiG-17C Fresco

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends."
John 15:13
TiG
Devotee

Re: Increase of Max. Images + Resolution, please!?

Postby harvs73 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:21 pm

I have increased the number of images to 5 for attachments but we have only a finite amount of space on the server. Realistically if the whole image is above 256kb it is a BIG image and should be reduced. I generally limit my own images to 1024px wide by 700(ish) pixels tall and less than 256kb. I find that this provides more than enough detail for those viewing the image. If you really would like higher resolution images on AMI y9ou can send them to me as an article on AMI or just use photobucket or image hosting sites that let you post larger images.
David Harvey
Editor
Aussie Modeller International

Email: aussiemodeller@hotmail.com

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au
harvs73
Devotee